Dermaplaning, or epidermal leveling, is an ideal method of skin exfoliation for men and women in the Tallahassee, FL area. This medical spa treatment removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs, leaving the skin incredibly soft, smooth, and glowing. This is a noninvasive alternative to chemical peels that works to exfoliate skin and expose fresh, smooth skin.
Dermaplaning is performed by our licensed aestheticians at The SPA at Southeastern Plastic Surgery, P.A. View The Spa Menu
Browse our FAQ to learn everything you need to know before your Dermaplaning treatment.
- What is Dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is an ideal method of skin exfoliation that removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs, leaving the skin smooth, soft, and glowing.
- Why is this treatment good for my skin?
- Dermaplaning can help minimize the appearance of acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles and dull skin. The procedure can reveal smoother, firmer and healthier skin.
- Am I a candidate for this treatment?
- Some people with preexisting skin concerns shouldn’t have dermaplaning. Before getting this procedure, talk to our skincare providers if you have:
- An active case of acne.
- Cold sore outbreaks.
- Moles, freckles, skin tags or other skin growths.
- Skin burns, such as those from radiation therapy.
- Skin rashes (contact dermatitis).
- How long does this treatment take? Is there any downtime or pain involved?
- There is no downtime.
A dermaplaning treatment can last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour and a half. The length of the procedure depends on the size of the area that needs treatment.
- What results may be expected? How many treatments are needed?
- Afterward, they may apply a soothing gel or ointment to your skin to reduce redness, swelling or irritation. Your skin will likely be red, swollen and slightly tender after the dermaplaning procedure.
Some people get multiple dermaplaning procedures to achieve their desired results. However, it’s important for your skin to heal completely between treatments.
What Is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a noninvasive treatment that involves using a sterile, disposable blade to remove the uppermost layer of skin and fine hairs from the face. It acts as an exfoliating treatment to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh, glowing skin.
It stimulates the collagen layer of the skin where new skin cells are produced, encouraging new skin growth to produce healthy, brighter skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
This skin treatment is safe for all skin types and is safe for pregnant women. It is a painless, noninvasive alternative to a chemical peel. Dermaplaning can be combined with microdermabrasion or a mild chemical peel to enhance the treatment’s skin-brightening results.
Our aestheticians use a brand-new single-use sterile, disposable blade for every client to ensure our clients’ safety.
What Does Dermaplaning Do?
Dermaplaning is used on the face to remove the top layer of skin and achieve instant results. This treatment can be performed every 4 to 6 weeks for best results.
Dermaplaning produces instant results:
- Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen to help improve skin’s appearance
- Leaves your skin looking healthy, radiant, and glowing
Benefits of dermaplaning:
- Makeup goes on more smoothly
- Allows skincare products to penetrate to a deeper level for even greater benefits
- Skin feels more subtle, taut & lighter
After Your Dermaplaning Treatment
Sun exposure is the #1 cause of premature aging of the skin, so it is important to protect your skin from the sun. We recommend protecting your skin against the damaging effects of the sun by applying a layer of sunblock and avoiding excess sun exposure.
To schedule your dermaplaning appointment, please call The SPA at Southeastern Plastic Surgery, P.A. at
(850) 219-2000 or book your appointment online today.