2030 Fleischmann Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (850) 219-2000
Monday thru Thursday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
At The SPA at Southeastern Plastic Surgery in Tallahassee, we are excited to offer Potenza™ RF microneedling, the latest technology available for tightening and brightening skin on the face, neck, and chest. Potenza combines the skin brightening effects of microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy to penetrate the skin’s deeper layers to stimulate new collagen production, soften fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of loose skin, scars, and tighten and lift skin.
Potenza uses revolutionary microneedling technology to penetrate the skin at varying depths with 4 RF modes that allow us to treat the skin at multiple depths to address multiple skin concerns and customize the treatment to suit your needs. Men and women visit our Tallahassee medical spa for RF microneedling from across the Destin and Lake City, FL; Dothan, AL; and Valdosta, GA areas.View The Spa Menu
RF Microneedling FAQ
Browse our FAQ to learn everything you need to know before your RF Microneedling treatment.
- What is RF Microneedling?
- Radiofrequency Microneedling is a procedure that dramatically tightens the skin. We offer Potenza™ RF Microneedling, the New Standard in RF Microneedling with revolutionizing enhanced topical penetration. The versatility this system provides allows customizable treatments based on your specific needs on the face, neck and chest.
- Why is this treatment good for my skin?
- Microneedling uses a fine needle to create microwounds, or channels, in the skin. This triggers the production of capillaries, elastin and collagen. I t’s also called skin needling or collagen induction therapy. If the procedure also uses radiofrequency waves, it’s called radiofrequency microneedling. The needle releases radiofrequency into the channels, causing additional damage. This enhances the effects of standard microneedling. The skin that grows back is thicker and smoother.
- Am I a candidate for this treatment?
- For all skin types, any time of the year. Microneedling is safe for all skin colors and types.
There are several different types of Microneedling.
A consultation is required to determine the best Microneedling treatment for your skin.
RF Microneedling can not be used on patients who:
- have a pacemaker.
- have previously had a gold thread skin-rejuvenation treatment.
- have keloid formation propensity.
- have skin infections.
- How long does this treatment take? Is there any downtime or pain involved?
- The treatment requires regional topical numbing so your practitioner will have you come in 15 minutes prior to apply.
The treatment usually takes less than one hour depending on the area/areas of treatment.
- What results may be expected? How many treatments are needed?
- It can take a few weeks to show results, as it takes the body time to produce collagen and heal itself. In two to three weeks, some visible improvement is typically noticeable, and in 4 to 6 weeks marked results in pigmentation and texture improvement become more apparent.
Two to three treatments may be necessary to improve mild texture changes of the skin, whereas scarring may require three to six treatments to appreciate noticeable change.
These multiple treatments are done four weeks apart to allow the skin to heal.
What Is RF Microneedling?
Potenza RF microneedling uses a handheld device with tiny needles in the tip to puncture the skin and deliver heat energy to the dermis, the deep layer of the skin, to stimulate production of new collagen and elastin, which result in smoother, tighter skin. By penetrating the skin to reach the dermis, the microneedles create tiny perforations in the skin, triggering your body’s natural healing process to restore younger, healthier looking skin. Combining microneedling with RF energy increases the effectiveness of this treatment, allowing even greater improvement to skin’s appearance and texture.
What Can Potenza RF Microneedling Treat?
Photos courtesy Cynosure
RF microneedling with Potenza is safe for use on all skin types on all areas of the face, neck, and chest. Some of the most popular areas of treatment include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Frown lines around the mouth
- Loose neck skin and jowls
- Acne scarring
- Cystic acne
- Scars on the face
RF microneedling treatments can be customized to treat small or large areas of the skin, allowing us to treat a single blemish or a large area of the chest with the same device. This highly customizable treatment is ideal for improving skin’s texture and appearance anywhere it’s needed.
What Makes Potenza RF Microneedling Better Than Other Treatments?
The Potenza RF microneedling device is the new standard in RF microneedling, thanks to its diverse treatment settings. Potenza treatments can be customized to treat large or small areas of the face, neck, and chest, using different needles to penetrate at different depths and using varying amounts of RF energy that allow us to address a number of skin conditions. It can be used on all skin types, on all areas of the face, neck, and chest, all year long.
Designed for Greater Control
Potenza is designed to treat a single blemish or a large area of the chest, depending on your needs. This microneedling device uses an array of 1 – 49 insulated needles in the tip to penetrate the skin and deliver RF energy into the deeper layers of skin. The depth of penetration is adjustable, allowing us to control how deeply the needles are inserted to address everything from fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes to lax skin on the neck and jawline.
Potenza also allows your provider to adjust the amount of RF energy used, from light treatments to address fine lines and loose skin on the face to deeper treatments to address scarring on the face and chest. This treatment is extremely diverse and allows us to treat a variety of skin concerns with a single device.
Who Is a Good Candidate for RF Microneedling?
One of the benefits of Potenza RF microneedling treatments is that they are so versatile. It is designed for use on men and women of all ages and all skin types and can be used year-round with little downtime.
If you are seeing signs of aging, sun damage, have scars from acne, surgery, or trauma, RF microneedling may be the treatment for you. Request a consultation to learn more about RF microneedling and how it can help you look and feel your best.
What Is an RF Microneedling Treatment Like?
Before your RF microneedling treatment, your provider will apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area to ensure your comfort. Once the area is numb, your provider will apply the Potenza device to the skin. During treatment, the microneedles puncture the skin and RF energy is released into the deep layers of tissue. Patients typically report a warm, tingling feeling along with slight pressure as the RF energy penetrates the skin.
The RF microneedling device is moved in a grid pattern along the area to be treated. Each application of the device treats a postage stamp-sized area of the skin. After each pulse of RF energy, the needles are retracted from the skin, and the device is moved to the next area, allowing for consistent treatment in the area of concern.
After your RF microneedling treatment, your provider will apply a soothing cream or lotion to promote healing. You may experience some redness and swelling in the treated area for 1 to 3 days after treatment, but these should fade quickly.
How Many Potenza RF Microneedling Treatments Will I Need?
To achieve optimal results, your provider will design a custom skin tightening treatment plan for you during your consultation. Depending on the area to be treated and the condition of your skin, you may require 3 to 4 RF microneedling treatments spaced 1 month apart to see full results.
When Will I See Results?
During the healing process, your skin will produce new collagen and elastin, resulting in smoother, firmer skin over time. It typically takes about 6 weeks to see changes to the skin’s tone and texture, with improved results appearing over the course of several months.
How Long Do the Results Last?
After your initial treatment plan is completed, we recommend ongoing maintenance treatments every 6 to 12 months to help address skin laxity and wrinkles.
If you have RF microneedling treatments to address scarring, the results should be permanent and not require ongoing maintenance.