If you are bothered by visible veins on your legs, we offer sclerotherapy to improve the appearance of spider and capillary veins at our Tallahassee, FL plastic surgery practice and medical spa. View The Spa Menu
Browse our FAQ to learn everything you need to know before your Sclerotherapy treatment.
- What is Sclerotherapy?
- Injection of a solution into the small blood vessels in the legs causes them to fade.
- Is this treatment good for my legs?
- This treatment is used to shrink or fade unwanted spider veins in the legs.
- Am I a candidate for this treatment?
- Sclerotherapy is an effective treatment of lower extremity spider veins. This treatment is not recommended for varicose veins or larger veins of the leg.
- How long does this treatment take? Is there any downtime or pain involved?
- This treatment takes 15 – 45 minutes. We recommend wearing compression stockings for 72 hours following treatment. Sun exposure should be avoided to the treated area for one month.
- What results may be expected? How many treatments are needed?
- Results can be expected in two to three months. More than one treatment may be needed for optimal results.
What Is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution directly into the superficial leg veins which causes the veins to collapse, and eventually fade.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
In order to determine a treatment plan, a consultation is required. More than one treatment may be needed for optimal results.
How Much Does Vein Removal Cost?
Pricing for vein removal varies. The price for treatment is based on the size of the area to be treated and the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results.
Please call Southeastern Plastic Surgery, P.A., located in Tallahassee, FL at
(850) 219-2000, contact our cosmetic coordinator, or book your appointment online today.